Terms and Conditions
Bookings for self-catering accommodation are accepted subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
- A debit card, bank transfer or cheque deposit secures your reservation (absent a deposit, bookings cannot be guaranteed)
- The balance is payable by debit card or bank transfer 28 days before arrival.
- Electricity is typically metered and any excess above the allowance notified at the time of booking is charged for on departure.
- In the event of a cancellation the deposit is non refundable. 100% of the balance due is payable if less than 28 days notice of cancellation is given unless we are able to re-let the Cottage on at least the same terms - in which case you will receive a refund less the deposit.You are strongly advised to take out insurance to cover the cost of your holiday.
- Most bookings are from 3.00/3.30 on the day of arrival until 10.00 am on the day of departure.
- The person from whom the deposit has been taken is considered to be authorised to agree to these terms and conditions on behalf of all persons in the party and accepts that they will be held responsible for the conduct of the entire party.
- The maximum number of guests allowed in each Cottage is not to exceed that stated on the Cottage pages nor the number requested on the initial enquiry (save with the Owner's prior approval in writing).
- We must ask you to report and pay for any damage or breakage in your Cottage during your stay and will ask for your credit card details upon arrival (which forms part of our guest registration process) against loss or damage (the "Indemnity"). We may (for larger parties) also ask for an actual deposit to be paid at the time of booking and/or in advance of arrival. The deposit will be returned at the end of your stay (within 7 days of departure) if everything is in order. The Indemnity extends to cover any unpaid charges incurred during your stay but not settled before or upon departure. Broken or damaged glasses are charged at £5.00 each. Any amount taken or retained for other items will depend upon the cost of replacement and may also include a fee for sourcing and collecting a replacement item.
- Guests are asked to leave the Cottage(s) clean and tidy when vacating and to comply with the Departure instructions to be found in the Cottage folders. An end of stay cleaning fee may be charged if this is not done and/or our cleaners need to undertake work over and above the norm. All rubbish should be removed from the Cottages and placed in the correct bins available on site (blue for recycling, green for other rubbish).
- We operate a strict NO SMOKING policy within the Cottages.
- We regret No Pets (save that one well behaved dog may be permitted in Hayloft in Summer provided they stay downstairs at all times). This will incur an additional charge of £6 per night.
- Whilst every care is taken to ensure that our website details are correct, the Owner's cannot be held liable for any reasonable changes and alterations made. The Owners are relieved of any liability for any loss or damage to the property of guests (including vehicles) incurred during their stay. Liability for harm to guests is also expressly excluded (save to the extent that any such harm is shown to have been caused by the Owners' negligence). All guests are advised to carry adequate insurance cover for the duration of their stay.
- See cottage details for the number of parking spaces that are included in the cost of each cottage. Additional cars are charged at £5 per vehicle per day (or part thereof).
- Wi-Fi /internet connection is available in the Cottages without charge but continuity of service cannot be guaranteed.
- It is the intention of the Owners that Frith Farm House provides a relaxing holiday environment. We therefore ask our guests to behave in an appropriate and considerate way at all times and the Owners' reserve the right to decline accommodation or to ask guests to leave (without compensation) when, in their reasonable opinion, such action is necessary or desirable in the interests of others. This includes restricting access to the swimming pool when it is (or appears likely to be) used in a dangerous or inappropriate manner or if it is left in an unacceptance state after use).
- The Owners are entitled to reasonable access to the Cottages to effect repairs or to inspect them.
- Access to the swimming pool is at the times advised or as agreed with the Owners and is available to those over nighting at Frith only. Children under the age of 16 years must be supervised by an adult at all times. The pool indemnity must be completed and returned to the Owner's before the pool is used. Aceess to the pool by outside (non-resident) swimmers may be accommodated upon request and at additional cost.